Localization with XTM
easyDITA makes DITA maps localization easier for XTM International users.
- Supported Content Types
- XTM packages support only textual content and cannot
include any media files.Tip: If you want to localize media files, you need to use a media package. Reach out to your XTM representative for recommendations on how to manage media files in XTM. For more information, see Localization with a Media Package.
- Visual Editor
- XTM provides a visual editor, which enables you to
preview content in a similar layout to the final
To set up the visual editor, XTM may ask you to provide an XSLT file to use for your preferred rendering of the content in the visual editor.
Send Content to XTM for Localization
Create an XTM Package in easyDITA, which can be sent directly from easyDITA to XTM for localization.
- In the content library, right-click a map you want to localize and
.Note: If you sent a release of your content to XTM, right-click a map in the content library, and then select to retrieve the localized release.The localization manager appears.
- From the New Localization Job drop-down menu, select XTM Package and click Go to open the New XTM Localization Job screen.
- Complete the following fields:
- In the
Project Name field, enter the name you want to assign to this project.A descriptive name for the localization job.
- Click Add Locale and select as many locales as you want.
- In the
Customer drop-down menu ,
select the customer you want to assign the localization job to.The Localization Services Provider (LSP) who will be performing the localization work in XTM, or other Customer association as you've set it up in XTM.
- In the
Template drop-down menu,
select the project template you want to use for the localization job.The XTM project template for the localization job to follow, this may include things such as the workflow steps and assigned linguists.
- In the Project Name field, enter the name you want to assign to this project.
Send Project to XTM
.You can go to XTM and edit the workflow details if they need to be different for your particular project.
Start Project at XTM
Your localization job is created and a workflow initiated at XTM. The localization job now shows as Currently in Progress.
Retrieve Localized Content from XTM
All workflow steps for your localization job must be completed in XTM. You'll receive an email when the job is completed in XTM and ready to fetch. Then, you can retrieve the localized content from XTM.
- In the content library, right-click a map you want to retrieve localized content for and click
.Note: If you sent a release of your content to XTM, right-click a map in the content library, and then select to retrieve the localized release.
- In the Localization Jobs in Progress tab, select the localization job you want to retrieve localized content for.
Fetch Translated Documents
The Download complete dialog will show when the file transfer is complete.
- Click OK to show the resources in the localization manager.
- Optional: Click
Mark Job Complete
to mark this localization job complete.Note: Once you mark a localization job complete, you cannot undo the action.Tip: We recommend publishing the localized content and performing a quality verification before marking the job as complete.When you mark a job complete, it shows under Completed Localization Jobs in the Localization Jobs in Progress tab, which can help you organize your localization process. You cannot modify completed localization jobs.